Called “The Most Famous Train in the World”, the New York Central “20th Century Limited” is one of the classic and most recognizable named trains of the 20th Century. Headed by some of the world’s most famous locomotives and connecting the great cities of New York City and Chicago, the “20th Century Limited” - along with its competitor from the Pennsylvania Rail Road the “Broadway Limited” - operated for more than 60 years.The Kato model recreates the train as it appeared in 1948-1954 (a perfect era match with the “Broadway Limited”), with a sleek two-toned grey color and pair of streamlined E7A locomotives.
Nine-Car Set -
Baggage-RPO #5017 -
Pullman 4-4-2 Sleeper "George Washington Bridge" -
Pullman 4-4-2 Sleeper "Bay Bridge" -
Pullman 4-4-2 Sleeper "Queensboro Bridge" -
Club-Lounge "Lake Shore" -
Kitchen-Dormitory #474 -
Diner #401 -
Pullman 12-Bedroom Sleeper "Port of Buffalo" -
5-Bedroom Lounge-Observation "Hickory Creek" -
Four-Car Add-On Set -
Pullman 10-6 Sleeper "Chicago River" -
Pullman 10-6 Sleeper "Powder River" -
Pullman 12-Bedroom Sleeper "Port of Boston" -
Pullman 12-Bedroom Sleeper "Port of Albony" -
Passenger Car Features -
- Completely new tooling for each of the individual car bodies in this set to accurately match the prototype
- Specific interior and exterior details that match the 50's era consist, including such iconic cars as the "big window" observation
- Shock absorber construction gives even traction and performance, fitting for these "water level route" cars!
- Observation car with illuminated tail sign.
- All detail parts installed - fully ready to run
- Interior of cars can be lighted with optional installation of #11-211/212 LED Interior Light Kits (cars with preinstalled lighting are also available)